Labels

Thursday 25 August 2011

the inevitable pull of the universe

Over the last week, I have discovered that I believe strongly in fate and karma. And that if you suffer through enough horrible-ness, something good will come of it. For example, first, I caught up with one of my loveliest friends who I haven’t seen in months, had a glorious night. The next day, I crash my car. (this resulted in a massive cry session). However, between my sobs, I received a phone call that my application for employment was successful and got an interview in this cute little cafĂ© around the corner. I was so ecstatic that I bounced off the walls for a while. Then, upon returning home, I had a rather frustrating discussion with my sister, frustration flung wildly into the air and for me to lapse into my own often pessimistic head. And then I worked, and I was good at it and doing really well. However, I missed the last bus home. So a tired and hungry Emily trudged up the hill to find another bus stop that ran later (followed a portion of the way by a slightly creepy man with a wheeze and keys clinking in his pocket on each alternative step). Finally I get home, grumpy and cursing my flimsy shoes, slide back into my chair, open my email to be told that my pottermore account has finally been activated. Oh happy, happy days.



So I guess that this proves that life is all about the ups and downs, so in the next lull, I have to remember this moment, and remember than good with always come about in the end. Off to have some fun.
Xx Emily

No comments: