Labels

Thursday 2 June 2011

and so it begins

I suppose there is no ‘proper’ way of doing this: imposing oneself upon the world and hoping that to have some sort of profound experience along the way. But it is necessary. I have become aware that my writing is not prospering while hidden away and the assistance of those more experienced and talent than I is now required. Living in a time of such grand communication, with an abundance wonderful people here willing to givee that assistance. So I ask you, people of cyber space, with a plea of help; save my writing from myself and tell me what you think. 

My story, surely cannot too far different from many others. At a young age I was mesmerised by the beauty and power of words and swore I would find a way to always be surrounded by this art.  For years I wrote purely for myself, as a selfish indulgence away from prying eyes: telling people that although that what is written doesn’t always needs to be read. A few pieces submitted as requirements for school, and a few selected friends may be permitted, but the majority of my writing is locked away, claiming that I would be more likely to saw off my foot that subject myself to watching someone else read my work. But I know this is not the right way. After some years of sculpting my craft, some of it - just a little- shall be condemned upon the world.

             -Emily 

No comments: